Tower Height Safety and Emergency Response Course
This program incorporates contingencies for Height Safety Emergencies and provides the knowledge and skills required for working safely at heights, fall prevention awareness and rescue procedures.
The program challenges participants to establish effective systems of work in the planning phase and also the need to plan for applicable risk management, fall prevention systems, escape and recovery procedures.
This program is designed to meet the requirements of height safety legislation including the actions in an emergency and the recovery of workers in fall arrest.
Unit of Competency
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Identifying emergency signals and situation
- Respond to at height emergency
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
1 day of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the unit of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $295 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
Students will be required to work at heights.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.