The aim of this program is to qualify and enhance participants with the knowledge and skills for the extraction of casualties from vehicles and heavy plant.
Road accident and heavy plant rescue requires operators to manage scene safety and use suitable stabilisation and extraction equipment combined with protocols to provide emergency response and casualty management options in the case of a vehicle and heavy plant accident.
Participants will be required to operate independently and as part of a team to complete the successful extraction of casualties from vehicles and heavy plant.
This program provides the additional technical capabilities and challenges required beyond the standards.
- 5-6 days
Units of Competency:
Nationally Recognised PUASS00083 Road Accident Rescue Skill Set
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUALAW001 Protect and preserve incident scene
- PUAWHS002 Maintain safety at an incident scene
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue