ALPINE SURVIVAL AND CASUALTY CARE
This program will provide the skills and knowledge required for survival and caring for casualties in remote locations.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- SISOSKT305A - Apply Snow Craft Skills For Day Touring
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to safely undertake day activities in a snow environment, including the ability to identify and negotiate potential avalanche conditions and construct snow shelters.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
1. Plan for day snow activity.
2. Select and carry equipment for day snow activity.
3. Negotiate snow conditions.
4. Construct an emergency shelter.
5. Evaluate snow activity.
This unit applies to those working as skiing or snowboarding leaders in a range of conditions. This may apply to those working at lodges and resorts or leaders working for outdoor education or adventure providers, volunteer groups, not-for-profit organisations or government agencies.