Chainsaw - Felling (Advanced)
CHAINSAW PROGRAM - FELLING (ADVANCED)
This program is an advanced level program that covers the felling procedures for advanced felling operations and difficult trees.APPLICATION:
The aim of this program is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to assess, plan and safely fell trees including difficult trees using advanced chainsaw techniques, operations and procedures.
This program is a level 3 program. Participants must have previously completed level 1 (Chainsaw - Trim and Cut Felled Tress) and level 2 (Chainsaw - Basic-Intermediate) to be eligible to complete this program.
- FWPCOR2205 Follow WHS policies and procedures
- FWPCOT2254 Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2256 Trim and cut felled trees
- FWPCOT2253 Fell trees manually (basic)
- FWPFGM3212 Fall trees manually (intermediate)
1-4 days (depending on experience)
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
The program is aligned to meet the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
- FWPFGM3217 Fall trees manually (advanced)
- Advanced tree felling
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE:
- Relevant Workplace Health & Safety Regulations
- Enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.