CONFINED SPACE AWARENESS PROGRAM
The aim of this confined space training program is to provide a forum for awareness and skills relating to safe entry, work and standby duties associated with confined space tasks and supervise confined space work in accordance with relevant legislation and company polices. The course is designed for persons who are typically employed in a management, supervisory, engineering, training or auditing capacity and are responsible for confined space related tasks. It provides participants with an awareness of the WH&S and legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health and safety of persons required to work in confined spaces.
The aim of this program is to provide awareness and skills relating to the safe entry, work and standby duties associated with confined space work.
- 4 hours
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
An overview of the following:
- Confined space case studies
- Terminology and Definitions
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Atmospheric hazards
- Isolation and hazardous energies
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Implementation of control measures
- Safe Entry requirements
- Safe access and vertical mobility
- Emergency Response
- Considerations for confined space rescue and recovery
This program has no formal pre-requisites. However, participants should have sound English language skills sufficient to read and write so that evidence can be recorded into field notes.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency and Certificate of Competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Practical and Theory Training Areas
- Personal and group equipment
- Relevant Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- AS ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management
- AS 2865:2009 Confined Spaces
- Other enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.