DEFUSING AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR PROGRAM
The program is customised and contextualised to meet specific industries, workplaces or operational requirements. Topics for inclusion may include: Personal stress management plan, Risk Assessment, Threats, Abusive Phone calls, Face to Face, In the field, Dealing with how to overcome or get out of these situations, Dealing with varying level of risk behaviours including workplace violence & aggressive behaviour.
This program provides the knowledge and skills required to enable participants to safely and securely manage incidents where there develops a serious threat of violence in or around the workplace.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- PUAOHS003B Implement and monitor the organisation’s occupational health and safety policies, procedures and program
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- Personal stress management plan
- Risk assessment
- Abusive Phone calls
- Face to Face
- In the field
- Dealing with how to overcome or get out of these situations?
- Dealing with varying level of risk behaviours including workplace violence & aggressive behaviour
- Drug, alcohol and mental health related violence
- Cognitive, emotional & physical behaviour manifestations
- Suicide & homicide ideation
- Workplace invasion countermeasures
- Assault protection and survival
- Abduction and Hostage survival
- Police procedures, intervention and preservation of a crime scene
- Active shooter countermeasures
- Theft, Armed robbery, assault & robbery
- Explosive device management
- Evacuation, lockdown and barricade management
- Knife attack management
- Cash management with armed holdup counter measures
- Critical Incident Stress & Post Traumatic Stress Management and more
This program has no formal pre-requisites.
MAX COURSE SIZE
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained
throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.