FIRST AID and CPR COURSE
This First Aid and CPR course provides training in the skills and knowledge required to provide an emergency response, life support and management of any casualties, the incident and other First Aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
As well as including the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), this course includes how to operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) in an emergency in line with ANZCOR Guidelines as endorsed by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
The aim of this course is to provide First Aid and CPR life skills in accordance with industry guidelines, such that participants are confident to provide emergency assistance when the need arises.
DURATION / FACILITATION
- Interactive webinar facilitation
- Online self paced modules
- One on one practical assessment via video link or face to face as required
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training in the local Wollongong Training facility and onsite as required.
Whether your training needs to be met online or face to face we continue to ensure training is interactive facilitated by highly qualified and experienced trainers, assessors and subject matter experts who bring real life experience to the training environment.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
All formal pre-requisites are trained and assessed as part of the program. Participants should have sound English language skills proficient to read and write.
- Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines for the provision of First Aid
- Principles and concepts for practising emergency aid
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injuries and illnesses
- Priorities of management when dealing with life threatening conditions
- Basic Occupational Health & Safety requirements in the provision of a first response
- Infection control principles and procedures, including the use of standard precaution
- Chain of survival
- Skills and limitations of First Aiders
- First response management of common conditions
- Stress management facilitators and how they can be assessed
- Social and legal issues such as Duty of Care, diversity, debriefing and confidentiality
- Casualty assessments and decision making
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment certificate listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
This program is aligned to WorkCover requirements and is equivalent to 'Senior First Aid'. It also aligns with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.
NOTE: Although this program is highly practical, persons must demonstrate basic literacy and numeracy skills to accurately gather and convey incident information including completing casualty assessment cards.
Persons are required to be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor to be assessed in this unit of competency.
In line with Australian Government Department of Health recommendations Risk Response + Rescue have:
- Increased disinfection processes i.e. disinfecting manikins completely between students, provision of barriers for doing CPR (mask or face shield), providing gloves for touching manikin, changing lungs regularly on manikins.
- Where any face to face training is applied, we ensure adequate pre-qualification and screening process is applied to ensure the safety of participants and facilitators.
- Where a student is not satisfied to put their mouth on a manikin during breaths (even with a barrier device in place) reasonable adjustment for training and assessment of CPR will be provided. This will include students demonstrating the required head tilt and blowing to the side of the mannikin) while not actually blowing into the mouth of the manikin. This reasonable adjustment is to only apply at this time of the COVID-19 pandemic and only if the student requests exemption (i.e. on an exception basis only).
Call today to reserve your place on our First Aid and CPR Course onsite or at our Wollongong Training facility.