MANUAL HANDLING PROGRAM
This program is designed to provide the skills and knowledge required for safe manual handling practices in a variety of workplaces and situations. The program provides participants with the WHS and legislative requirements and procedures to provide guidelines for applying manual handling techniques in the workplace and teaches the potential long term effects of not lifting correctly.
The aim of this program is to train participants in applying safe work practices relating to manual handling.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- MEM11011 Undertake manual handling
- Legislation, terminology and definitions
- WH&S awareness
- Manual Handling regulations
- Soft tissue damage to the body
- Correct lifting and handling procedures
- Incorrect lifting and handling procedures and the consequences
- The long term effect of not lifting correctly
- Using aids when lifting
- Minimisation of the risk to cause damage
This program has no formal pre-requisites.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Safe Work Australia Guidelines
- Company specific WH&S regulations and policies
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.