OPERATE SIDE BY SIDE VEHICLES PROGRAM
This program provides learners with the skills and knowledge to effectively operate side by side utility vehicles. This program also covers the process of maintaining vehicles to the defined standard including: perform routine pre-operational checks and maintenance; operate vehicles in a safe, efficient and controlled manner, operate recognise and control hazards and risks; safely operate vehicles in a range of weather and terrain conditions; perform minor maintenance and fault finding, monitor and maintain vehicle records.
This program provides the knowledge & skills required to safely and effectively use, operate side by side utility vehicles in a range of terrains and weather conditions.
This program is highly suitable for operators including: Farmers, tourism Operators, Emergency services personnel, Defence, SES, government organisations, surf lifesaving volunteers, workplace emergency response operators and general public.
- 2 days
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
- AHCMOM216—Operate side by side utility vehicles
- Course introductions & expectations
- Check and issue minimum PPE & operational requirements
- Legislation & Responsibilities
- Pre-use inspection—operational controls, under bonnet, exterior and general conditions
- Start-up and shut-down procedures, Moving off and stopping
- Mounting & dismounting procedures
- Body positioning, weight distribution, low & moderate speed manoeuvring and braking
- Ascents, descents & traversing ascents in different types of terrain
- Emergency procedures in varying conditions, bogged vehicles, rolling over & abort manoeuvres
- Towing and safety considerations
- Refurbishment of Equipment to operational readiness, including maintenance, identification and rectification of any damaged equipment
- Summary & Review
This program has no formal pre-requisites.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.