PERFORM SAFETY INSPECTIONS PROGRAM
This program provides the knowledge and skills required to perform safety inspections, for inspecting products, keeping records and providing feedback on the conformance of height safety equipment to specifications.
The program is suitable for persons who are required to complete or partly complete the inspection of height safety equipment.
- 4 hours
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
- MEM15004 Perform inspection (supersedes MEM15004B)
- Height safety ABC’s
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Testing products/equipment for conformance to specifications
- Identifying test status on conforming and non-conforming products and keeping accurate records
- Testing/inspecting/measuring equipment after rework or repair
- Process for inspection, repair and recommissioning of equipment
- Decommissioning and withdrawal from service
- Reporting deficiencies (damaged items) or deviations in line with standard operating procedures
There are no formal pre-requisites for this program.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant State or Territory Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- AS/NZS 1891 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems and Devices
- AS ISO 31000-2018 Risk Management
- AS/NZS 4488 Industrial Rope Access Systems
- AS/NZS 1576 Scaffolding
- National Code of Practice 2008 Prevention of falls in General Construction
- Codes of Practice Safe Work on Roofs
- WorkCover Publications and Guides
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.
Learn to perform safety inspections with the Risk Response and Rescue Team today.