Rescue Watercraft Operations
RESCUE WATERCRAFT (JETSKI) OPERATIONS PROGRAM
This program develops the skills and knowledge required to safely operate and maintain a Rescue Water Craft (RWC) and to use RWC during aquatic rescue
operations in all conditions.
The aim of this program is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required for operating a rescue water craft (RWC) during rescue operations in all conditions.
- 3 - 4 days (depending on experience)
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- PUASAR016 Operate and maintain a personal water craft for rescue operations
- Rules and regulations
- Minimum PPE and operational requirements
- Launch and retrieval
- Introduction to RWC configuration
- Public perception
- Pre-operational checks
- Gear to carry on board
- Start up and incident management
- Fall off and re-mount
- Cut away sled/seat
- Jammed jets
- Slow speed skills
- Reading the aquatic environment
- Basic casualty retrievals
- Ski retrieval and towing
- Advanced rough water rescue
- Team rescue
- Knowing your limitations
- General RWC maintenance
It is required that participants:
- Aged 16 years or older
- Hold a current NSW Personal Water Craft Licence
Participants are recommended to hold current First Aid /CPR qualifications. The program is physical in nature. Participants will be required to demonstrate their ability to swim in varying conditions.
MAX COURSE SIZE
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
- NSW Roads and Maritime Services Rules and Regulations for powered boats and PWC’s
- Other relevant State and/or Territory rules and regulations
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.