Road Crash Rescue
This program requires operators to manage scene safety and use suitable stabilisation and extrication equipment combined with protocols to provide emergency response and casualty management options in the case of a vehicle or heavy plant accident. Participants will be required to operate independently and as part of a team to complete the successful extrication of casualties from vehicles.
The aim of this course is to qualify participants with the knowledge and skills for the extrication of casualties from vehicles and heavy plant.
- 3 days
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid (available as a separate program)
- Accident responder PPE and resources
- Team roles and responsibilities
- Vehicle construction and terminology
- Respond to vehicle accident
- Operational communications
- Scene safety and risk management
- Securing, preserving the incident scene
- Vehicle stabilisation
- Gaining access for casualty care
- Casualty management
- Protection, stabilisation and extrication
- Extrication techniques
- Additional heavy plant rescue considerations and equipment limitations
- Incident conclusion
- Critical incident stress management
- Operational debriefs
Persons are required to be
- All persons will be required to perform strenuous physical activities in a time critical environment. It is recommended that persons are fit and healthy upon enrolment to the program.
- Persons are required to have a good level of underpinning knowledge of First Aid. A significant portion of this program relates to casualty management and extraction of casualties from entrapped situations from vehicles and heavy plant.
Participants must be able to:
- Implement scene safety procedures
- Identify hazards and risks
- Detail safe work requirements
- Demonstrate the different techniques
- Casualty management under adverse conditions.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual competencies will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
This course complies with relevant:
- Legislation, Standards and Codes
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Equipment standards
Each participant will receive a Risk Response + Rescue learner guide.