WORK SAFELY AROUND AIRCRAFT + CRM PROGRAM
The program provides participants with knowledge of the hazards and risks associated with aircrafts as well as an awareness of the WHS legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health and safety of any persons required to work near aircrafts.
Program also includes Crew Resource Management (CRM) which highlights the factors that contribute to human error and provides awareness and empowerment to non flying crew.
This aim of this program is to develop the competency and skills to work safely around aircraft. It can be applied to both fixed and rotary wing environments.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- PUAFIR209 Work safely around aircraft
- Terminology and definitions
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and the organisation’s procedures
- Identification of hazards, and precautions effected on a consistent, conscious and continuing basis
- Aircraft familiarisation
- Aerodome familiarisation
- Aerodome working and lighting
- Aircraft movement characteristics
- Overview of aircraft performance, operation, loading and refuelling precautions
- Detailed knowledge of procedures for unusual events
- Crew Resource Management - empowering the non flying crew
- Situational analysis factors
This program has no formal pre-requisites.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- Relevant CASA regulations
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.