PUA20619 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)Regular price $0.00 Save $0.00
Nationally Accredited PUA20619 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations) qualification program.
This highly practical and interactive program provides the knowledge and skills required by responders to perform a range of varied activities such as structural fire fighting, responding to rescue incidents including medical and or road crash rescue.
Facilitated by a team of highly skilled and experienced operational subject matter experts and assessors, the skills and knowledge developed on this program can be applied in a wide range of industries such as emergency services, oil and gas, construction and manufacturing and the resources sector.
Participants will learn real skills for work and life including:
- Respiratory & SCBA
- Introduction to firemanship and urban fire
- Operational procedures, protocols and equipment
- compartment fire behaviour, operational fire fighting and rescue
- Electives may differ including Advanced medical,road crash rescue or vertical rescue
MODE OF DELIVERY:
- Self paced online modules for core units (workbook available if online option not suitable)
- Completion of workbook
- Min 14 days face to face facilitation
- Workplace Report
- Recognition of prior learning is available for UoC. Participants are required to complete evidence portfolio and supply relevant, valid, current and sufficient evidence to qualify. Practical skills validation is required as part of this process.
- Please note the above mode of delivery is designed for persons working in industry. For persons with no industry experience durations will differ. Please enquire.
The qualification consists of 8 cores, 3 electives.
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban fire
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUATEA001 Work in a team
- HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID007 Advanced Resuscitation
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
- Full course price $5,650 (GST Exempt).
- Student fee for eligible persons ranges from full exemption $0 - $1,200 (GST exempt) depending on eligibility, concessions and exemptions.