PUA20719 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)Regular price $0.00 Save $0.00
Nationally Accredited PUA20719 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations) program.
This highly practical and interactive program provides the knowledge and skills required by responders to perform a range of varied activities such as respond to wildfire, participate in prescribed burning and community safety. Ideal for persons operating as part of a firefighting team, responding to disasters and/or incidents that endanger life, property and the environment.
Facilitated by a team of highly skilled and experienced operational subject matter experts and assessors. The skills and knowledge developed on this pro gram can be applied in a wide range of industries, such as emergency services, mining, construction, manufacturing and the rural sector.
Participants will learn real skills for work and life including:
- Prepare, Maintain and Test Response Equipment
- Community Safety and Risk Management
- Operational Procedures and Protocols
- Fire Behaviour, Prescribed Burning and Operational Fire Fighting
- Work Safely Around Aircraft
- 5 extended days
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUAFIR204 Respond to wildfire
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUATEA001 Work in a team
- PUACOM001 Communicate in the workplace
- PUACOM002 Provide services to clients
- PUAFIR208 Participate in community safety activities
- PUAFIR209 Work safely around aircraft
- PUAFIR201 Assist with prescribed burning
- PUAWHS001 Follow defined work, health and safety policies and procedures
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
This qualification is subsidised by the NSW Government utilising Smart & Skilled funding. Concessions or exemptions may apply for eligible students.
- Full course price $4,350 per person.
- Student fee for eligible persons ranges from full exemption $0 - $1200 (GST Exempt) depending on eligibility, concessions and exemptions.
Participants should be medically fit and not suffering illness at the time of the course. This course requires a moderate degree of physical robustness.
This qualification can be customised and contextualised utilising alternate electives in line with packaging rules for specific groups. Please contact RR+R for additional information or customisation for a group.