Certificate III - Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations)
PUA30619 Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations)
This highly practical and interactive program provides the knowledge and skills for Emergency Responders and those who are expected to have skills in the ability to fight fires, use breathing apparatus, respond to HAZMAT incidents and drive emergency response vehicles.
Facilitated by a team of highly skilled and experienced operational subject matter experts and assessors, the skills and knowledge developed on this program can be applied in a wide range of industries such as emergency services, oil and gas, construction and manufacturing and the resources sector.
- Respiratory & SCBA
- First Aid and advanced resuscitation
- An introduction to Fireman-ship
- Urban and underground fire
- Operational procedures, protocols and equipment
- HAZMAT, compartment fire behaviour and operational fire fighting and rescue
12 - 20 days (depending on electives)
This program requires 7 core, and 4 elective units
- PUAFIR302 Suppress urban fire
- PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- PUAFIR309 Operate pumps
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAWHS002 Maintain safety at an incident scene
- PUAVEH001 Drive vehicles under operational conditions
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUAOPE020 Lead a crew
- RIIERR305D Control underground fires
- RIIERR303D Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
- Full course price $6,250 (GST Exempt).
- Student fee for eligible persons ranges from full exemption $0 - $1,650 (GST exempt) depending on eligibility, concessions and exemptions.