Mental Health Awareness – Courage to Converse
Why is mental health awareness important?
The ability to enhance our awareness, to support each other and to start that important conversation with someone who may be in Mental Distress or who may have Mental Illness has never been more important. It can be potentially life-changing and is also an important component in helping to reduce lost time in the workplace. With 1 in 4 Australians experiencing a Mental Health condition at some point in their lives, this training is timely and crucial.
This 6 hour program will demystify mental health conditions and empower the attendee to provide basic mental health support. This program, is underpinned by current research and industry experience. Participants will gain insight into the various types of mental illness, discuss stigma, suicide and cultural impacts. The program is about building the courage to start a conversation, and change or save someone's life.
The unique challenges of the past few years have been extremely hard on people from all walks of life, both professionally and personally. Maintaining the well-being and mental health of your staff is key to having them feel supported in the workplace and also keeping them functioning positively in all aspects of their life.
- Discussing common types of mental illness
- Recognising the impact of stigma
- Identifying signs and symptoms of mental distress or illness
- Ways to proactively help someone having an acute mental health crisis
- Panic attack management techniques
- Managing grief
- Ways to support someone with a chronic mental illness
- Professional help and interventions available
- Empathic listening
- The importance of recovery in the community
- Ways you can start a conversation
- How to set boundaries and care for yourself
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered face to face onsite at client's premises or our training facility
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
Online eLearning option is also available.
6 hours face to face
- $295 per person for public courses. Discounted to $250 per person for the February 2023 courses.
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and manual will be provided
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
For over 25 years, we have been delivering impactful safety and emergency services related training services which has directly translated into saving lives and enhanced confidence and well-being.This program is facilitated in partnership with Praesidium Risk and Resilience. Developed by a Specialist Learning Consultant with Psychology Degree with 15 Years’ experience in pre hospital mental health as a Registered Paramedic and validated with a Learning and Development Consultant whom is a Psychology Honours Graduate.