PUA30619 Certificate III in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)
This highly practical and interactive program provides the knowledge and skills for Emergency Responders and those who are expected to have skills in the ability to fight fires, use breathing apparatus, respond to HAZMAT incidents and drive emergency response vehicles.
Units of Competency
This course consists of:
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy^
- PUAFIR302 Suppress urban fire^
- PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident^
- PUAFIR309 Operate pumps^
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe^
- PUAVEH001 Drive vehicles under operational conditions
- PUAWHS002 Maintain safety at an incident scene^
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident^
- PUAOPE020 Lead a crew
- RIIERR303E Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
RIIERR305E Control underground fires^
^These units have pre-requisite requirements.
This qualification can be customised and contextualised with alternate elective units in line with packaging rules for specific groups. Contact Us to find out more.
- Respiratory & SCBA
- First Aid and advanced resuscitation
- An introduction to Fireman-ship
- Urban and underground fire
- Operational procedures, protocols and equipment
- HAZMAT, compartment fire behaviour and operational fire fighting and rescue
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered as a blend of distance and face-to-face learning and assessment.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
Distance learning and assessment and up to 20 days of face-to-face practical demonstrations
Student's should allow approximately 6-12 months to complete this course.
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
^Students must hold certification for the following units of competency for enrolment into this course and must supply their credential at the time of enrolment:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban fire
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- And one of the following:
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban fire
- PUAFIR204 Respond to wildfire
- PUAFIR205 Respond to aviation incident (specialist)
- PUAFIR220 Respond to isolated structure fire
Students holding a previous certification for the unit of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
^RIIERR303E Operate in a self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus is a formal pre-requisite for RIIERR305E and is covered within this program.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government under Smart & Skilled. Concessions or partial/full exemptions may apply for eligible participants. For more information Contact Us.
- For individual and group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
Full course price $6,250. Concessions or partial/full exemptions may apply for eligible participants.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
For more information about the NSW Government Smart and Skilled / Skilling for recovery program, or for eligibility inquiries click here.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.