Helicopter Underwater Escape (HUET)
HELICOPTER UNDERWATER ESCAPE(HUET) PROGRAM
The HUET course teaches you the skills you need to escape a submerged helicopter or other vehicle. Using our specially designed Helicopter Procedural Escape Trainers - (HeliPET & 4PET) we can come to you and provide you all the training you need. Our procedural trainers come in various seat configurations allowing effective escape training in an accredited training environment.
Once you have the techniques, they can easily be adapted to whatever aircraft you are operating. Every time you, your colleagues or passengers get into an aircraft, you'll consider your exits, your harnesses, your escape plan and after-ditching actions. That's what we teach you and our simulators allow you to develop your practical skills in order to hone your technique.
This applies to personnel who regularly travel by helicopter and are required to undertake pre-flight preparation, escape from an inverted and/or submerged helicopter, don and successfully employ a life jacket, deploy safety and emergency equipment, deploy life rafts and help other survivors.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- PMAWHS214 Undertake helicopter safety and escape
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to exit a helicopter under abnormal conditions at sea.
The following topics are covered on the course:
- Prepare to and Evacuate from a Helicopter
- Identify hazards boarding and departing from helicopters
- Describe helicopter escape techniques
- Perform personal preparation checks prior to flight
- Identify helicopter safety and emergency equipment
- Follow a procedure to egress a ditched aircraft
- Inflate the PFD (lifejacket) in accordance with procedure
- Demonstrate the ability to swim whilst wearing a lifejacket
- Demonstrate towing techniques whilst wearing a lifejacket
- Perform the HELP Position for a duration of 2 to 4 minutes
- Participate in a group huddle
Life Raft Management
- Participate in raft righting & entry
- Participate in immediate/subsequent action drills while in a life raft
- Use the appropriate water entry technique from a height of 1 metre (subject to the training location)
- Demonstrate rescue equipment and procedures for use
- Use the appropriate heli-winching techniques (subject to the training location)
Students will be given instruction in underwater escape procedures for a variety of ditching situations using a ditching simulator.
- Inverted ditching
- Night time simulation
- Exits – operation or exit obstruction
- Cross cabin evacuation (Course duration - 1 day) Unit - PMAOHS214B - UNDERTAKE HELICOPTER SAFETY & ESCAPE (From the Chemicals, Hydrocarbons and Refining Training Package).
Also Unit - AVIF2014A - UNDERTAKE AIRCRAFT UNDERWATER ESCAPE and SURVIVAL (From the Aviation Training Package). The AVIF2014A course is designed for aircrew and supplemental mission crews
All students upon successfully completing the course will receive a nationally recognised qualification certificate and a wallet size photo HUET certification card.