HLT21015 CERTIFICATE II IN MEDICAL SERVICE FIRST RESPONSE
This highly practical and interactive program provides the knowledge and skills for Medical Service Responders who require the ability to respond, assess, manage, extricate and transport persons involved in traumatic and life threatening incidents in rural and remote situations. This program also meets industry requirements to perform the role of an Occupational First Aider.
This program is suitable for workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Facilitated by a team of highly skilled and experienced operational subject matter experts and assessors focusing on outcome-based results and timely casualty care.
Participants will learn real skills for work and skills for life including:
- Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
- On-scene Stabilisation, Prioritisation and Communication
- Trauma and Scene Management
- Specialised Life Support Equipment
- Improvised Casualty Management Techniques
- Pain Management, Spinal Care, Casualty Packaging and Transportation
The aim of this program is to decrease scene times and increase the standard of medical care and the survivability of seriously injured casualties. This program has been a success across a range of industries and has had a positive impact on teams and individuals.
- 5 extended days
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
- PUAEME005 Provide pain management
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and facilities
The following program outline will be customised and contextualised to meet the chosen electives for the program and workplace environment. Theory and Practical Scenarios may include:
- Minimum Equipment – PPE, First Aid Equipment
Persons are required to be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor to be assessed in this unit of competency.