Work Safely Around Aircraft + CRM Program
WORK SAFELY AROUND AIRCRAFT + CREW RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
The program provides participants with knowledge of the hazards and risks associated with aircraft as well as an awareness of the WHS legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health and safety of any persons required to work near aircraft.
Program also includes Crew Resource Management (CRM) which highlights the factors that contribute to human error and provides awareness and empowerment to non flying crew.
This aim of this program is to develop the competency and skills to work safely around aircraft. It can be applied to both fixed and rotary wing environments.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- PUAFIR017 Work safely around aircraft
- Terminology and definitions
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and the organisation’s procedures
- Identification of hazards, and precautions effected on a consistent, conscious and continuing basis
- Aircraft familiarisation
- Aerodome familiarisation
- Aerodome working and lighting
- Aircraft movement characteristics
- Overview of aircraft performance, operation, loading and refuelling precautions
- Detailed knowledge of procedures for unusual events
- Crew Resource Management - empowering the non flying crew
- Situational analysis factors
This program has no formal pre-requisites.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- Relevant CASA regulations
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.
* IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION *
To ensure the safety of our staff and clients, participants will be required to have their temperature tested and sanitise upon entry to our premises. Whilst check-in using our QR code is no longer mandatory, we strongly encourage participants to continue to utilise this function.
In line with the Public Health Order, face masks are no longer mandatory on our premises however are highly recommended in certain situations. Whilst on our premises you may be asked to wear a face mask if you are not able to be physically distanced (e.g. when in a Confined Space or performing 2 person CPR). We ask that you please be mindful and respectful of the health of our staff and other participants in these situations and comply with the request, unless you have an exemption.
We kindly ask that anyone who has been identified as a close contact in the 7 days prior to the training, is awaiting COVID-19 test results or is feeling unwell in any way to please not attend our premises.
Should you not be able to meet these requirements, please contact our office before booking.