Breathing Apparatus Training
This course covers the knowledge and skills required for the competent operation and maintenance of breathing equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere. This program applies to operators who are required to wear breathing apparatus for part of their job - because they are working in a confined space, with hazardous gases/vapours, in an anoxic atmosphere or for other applications requiring the wearing of breathing apparatus.
The program provides participants with the knowledge and skills associated with the operation and maintenance of breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- Pre-program administration and instructions
- Protective equipment (including breathing apparatus)
- Human Respiration
- Exposure Limits and Effects on the human body
- Hierarchy of controls
- Introduction to SCBA Open Circuit
- SABRE components
- DUAL and Single Cylinder
- Air flow – Circuit
- Pre-operational Checks
- Don / Doff Apparatus
- Start-up / Shut Down
- Calculating CABA consumption and duration
- Safe Working Practices when wearing SCBA
- Entrapped and extended use procedures
- Refurbishment of Equipment and Scenario Resources
- Post program administration and closure
PUAFIR210 prevent injury
Both written and practical assessment may be conducted to ensure participants can demonstrate the required skills, knowledge and competency.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant State or Territory Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- AS ISO 31000:2018
- AS/NZS 1715-2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- AS/NZS 1716-2012 Respiratory protective devices
- Other enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.
Gain your qualification in our Breathing Apparatus Training course now.