Fire Awareness, Prevention & Extinguishment Course
This program is for participants who require an appreciation of fire risk management, the importance of prevention strategies and an awareness of the correct applications and limitations of portable fire fighting appliances such as fire extinguishers & workplace fire hose reels. This course also includes methods of fire spread and fire containment strategies.
Unit of Competency
- CPPFES2005 Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
- Hazards and risks associated with fire
- Recognising unsafe conditions
- Chemistry of fire
- Principles of fire extinguishment
- Methods of fire spread
- Raising the alarm
- Classes of fire
- Determining if it is safe and appropriate to use first attack fire fighting equipment
- Principles of fire approach and fire evacuation
- Correct selection, use, and application of portable fire fighting extinguishers
- Strategies for fire containment
- Practical fire fighting with co2 type fire extinguishers
- Practical demonstration of dry chemical power type and foam type fire extinguishers
- Fire fighting with fire hose reels and blankets
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver these courses at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
3-4 hours of face-to-face learning and assessment (dependent on group size)
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $150 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities