Low Voltage Rescue and CPR Training Course
This program provides participants with the confidence and competency required to perform CPR on an unconscious casualty, in the context of those having suffered electrocution. The Low Voltage Rescue component of this program covers the skills and knowledge required for a person to be able to carry out a risk assessment of an electronically hazardous situation and perform low voltage rescue procedures without hazard to themselves or others.
Units of Competency
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Revision of hazardous energies and isolation
- First response to casualty
- Management of injuries from electricity with signs of life
- Management of injuries from electricity with no signs of life
- Low voltage rescue - Role of the safety observer
- Rescue kits and contents
- Rescue procedures
- Introduction to defibrillator
- Performing first responder assisted CPR
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities or can be delivered as a blend of online and face-to-face.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
5 hours of face-to-face learning and assessment
Online learning and assessment and 3 hours of face-to-face practical demonstrations
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
HLTAID009 is a formal prerequisite for UETDRRF004 and is covered within the program.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
This training aligns to:
- UETSS00046 Perform rescue from a live LV panel Skill Set.
- UETSS00047 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and CPR Skill Set.
- $150 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Students require a laptop or computer and stable internet connection for online courses.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
CPR training must be updated every 12 months.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.