EMERGENCY WARDEN + FIRE PROGRAM
The highly practical and interactive emergency and fire warden training program provides participants with the knowledge, skills and hands on experience required to identify and prevent the development of workplace emergency situations and be able to respond accordingly. Suitable for members of an Emergency Organisation (Warden) team and those who are required to act in a warden responsibility role in the event of an emergency.
The aim of this program is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to identify and prevent workplace emergency situations. This program is aligned to Australian Standards AS3745.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
- PUAFER001 Identify, prevent and report potential workplace emergency situations
- PUAFER004 Respond to workplace emergencies
- PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
Additional unit available as required:
- CPPFES2005 Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
- PUAFER008 Confine small workplace emergencies
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and operational requirements
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Workplace emergency protection systems
- Workplace procedures
- Working with emergency services and handovers
- Decision making, command and control
- Workplace threat procedures
- Human behaviour and coping in an emergency
- Fire prevention, containment and extinguishment fire behaviours fire triangle Fire tetrahedron and classes of fire
- Workplace evacuation Partial evacuation Planned evacuation Immediate evacuation
This program has no formal prerequisites.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant State or Territory Codes of Practice
- Australian Standards
- AS 3745-2010 Planning for emergencies in facilities
- Other enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.
To lead an emergency control organisation or perform the role of chief warden, additional training is required.
NOTE: Emergency Control Organisation (Chief Warden) and Fire Safety Advisor programs are also available.