Chainsaw Operations Course
This program is an introductory or base level program that covers chainsaw equipment maintenance, cutting felled trees in work settings and emergency, risk and hazard response procedures.
Units of Competency
- FWPCOR2210 Follow workplace health and safety policies and procedures in forest and wood products operations
- FWPCOT2254 Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2256 Trim and cut felled trees
- Use and maintenance of PPE for chainsaw operations
- Professional attitude
- Personal equipment and safety
- Power head familiarisation and maintenance
- Cutting attachments familiarisation and knowledge
- Causes of kickback
- Reducing the likelihood of kickback
- Cutting attachment maintenance
- Cross cutting theory
- Cross cutting and ripping practical
- The axe
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver these courses at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
2 days of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $760 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
Risk Response + Rescue's Tree Felling (Basic & Intermediate) Training Courses can further extend this learning.
Risk Response + Rescue's Tree Felling (Advanced) Training Course can further extend this learning.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.