Local Risk Control Course
This program includes identifying hazards; assessing risk and identifying unacceptable risk; identifying, assessing and implementing risk treatments; and completing records and reports. It covers the conduct of local risk control in resources and infrastructure industries.
Unit of Competency
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- Course Introductions & Expectations
- Check and issue minimum PPE & operational requirements
- History, Legislation & Application
- Practical Workplace Application
- Personal Risk Assessment Tools - practical application of workplace administration tool (group syndicates)
- Communicate & Convey Risk management in the Workplace
- Introduction & site consultation of Risk Management
- Risk Management Consolidation
- Risk Management Facilitation - methods and delivery of risk management communication
- Scoping for Risk Assessment
- Planning & Facilitating the scope of Risk Management
- Scoping Consolidation
- Practical Application - Hazard Risk of Risk Management
- Facilitate Risk Management Process
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver these courses at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
1 day of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $295 per person
- For group or individual bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.