Occupational First Aid Course
This program provides the knowledge and skills to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, including the skills to provide an emergency first aid response in the event of an emergency.
This includes life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provision of support to others. It also addresses the establishment and maintenance of facilities to enable or facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace.
Units of Competency
- HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources
- Identify hazards and control risks
- First Aid action plans
- Incident management
- First aid kits and equipment maintenance
- ARC Guidelines for the provision of First Aid
- Principles and concepts for practising emergency aid
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injuries and illnesses
- Priorities of management when dealing with life threatening conditions
- Work Health & Safety requirements
- Infection control principles
- Chain of survival
- Skills and limitations of First Aiders
- First response management of common conditions
- Stress management facilitators and how they can be assessed
- Casualty assessments and decision making
- Coordinating team response
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered as a blend of online and face-to-face.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
Online learning and assessment and 3 days of face-to-face practical demonstrations
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the unit of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is a formal prerequisite for HLTAID015 and is covered within the program.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $650 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Students require a laptop or computer and stable internet connection for online courses.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
CPR training must be updated every 12 months.
First Aid training must be updated every 3 years.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.