Inspect Height Safety Equipment Course
This program provides the knowledge and skills required for inspecting height safety equipment, keeping records and providing feedback on the conformance of height safety equipment to specifications. The program is suitable for persons who are required to complete or partly complete the inspection of height safety equipment.
Unit of Competency
MEM15004 Perform inspection
- Height safety ABC’s
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Testing products/equipment for conformance to specifications
- Identifying test status on conforming and non-conforming products and keeping accurate records
- Testing/inspecting/measuring equipment after rework or repair
- Process for inspection, repair and recommissioning of equipment
- Decommissioning and withdrawal from service
- Reporting deficiencies (damaged items) or deviations in line with standard operating procedures
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
4 hours of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students must hold certification for the following units of competency for enrolment into this courses and must supply their credential at the time of enrolment:
- MEM11011 Undertake manual handling
- MEM13015 Work safely and effectively in manufacturing and engineering
- MEM16006 Organise and communicate information
Students holding a previous certification for the unit of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $249 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.