Petzl Rig Descender
Compact self-braking descender
The RIG self-braking descender allows the user to easily position himself at the work station by using the handle to lock the device in place on the rope. Easy to grasp, this descender is intuitive and convenient to use. With its innovative and compact design, the RIG offers a simple, efficient alternative to traditional descenders.
- Designed for rope access work (expert users only)
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- position himself at the work station without having to tie off the device
- The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user
- Handle storage position reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness
- The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a progress-capture haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
- Lowers heavy loads up to 200 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: yellow and black
- Min. rope diameter: 10,5 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Weight: 380 g
- Certification(s): EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
This content type will accept rich text to help with adding styles and links to additional pages or content. Use this to add supplementary information to help your buyers.
You can use product metafields to assign content to this tab that is unique to an individual product. Use tabs to highlight unique features, sizing information, or other sales information.