Petzl RIG® Descender
The Petzl RIG® Descender is a self-braking descender with a powerful mechanism that lets you easily position yourself at the work station by using the handle to securely lock the device in place on the rope. This descender is easy to grasp, making it intuitive and convenient to use. The RIG® is a simple yet effective alternative to traditional descenders thanks to its innovative and compact design.
- Designed for the use of experienced rope access workers
- Multi-function handle enables you to:
- unlock the rope and use the free end of the rope to control the descent.
- position yourself at the work station without the need to tie off the device
- The handle’s automatic return system reduces risks in case of involuntary action
- Handle storage position lowers the risk of snagging when the descender is using the harness
- The gate on the device's moving side plate keeps it from falling and makes it easier to install ropes when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam can be used for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp) and to make a progress-capture haul system. It also facilitates taking up the slack in the rope.
- Heavy loads up to 200 kg can be lowered (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Available in yellow and black colours
- Min. rope diameter: 10,5 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Weight: 380 g
- Certification(s): EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, - EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A when used with PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope - NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope - EN 15151-1 when used with a 9 to 11 mm rope - EN 12841 type C when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope