Using a Chainsaw - Trim and Cut felled trees
USING A CHAINSAW PROGRAM - TRIM AND CUT FELLED TREES
Part 1 of this Using a Chainsaw program is an introductory or base level program that covers equipment maintenance, cutting felled trees in work settings and emergency, risk and hazard response procedures.
The aim of this program is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to assess, plan and safely trim and cut felled trees using a chainsaw.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
Trim, Cross Cut and Rip
FWPCOR2205 Follow WHS policies and procedures
FWPCOT2254 Maintain chainsaws
FWPCOT2256 Trim and cut felled trees
- Use and maintenance of PPE for chainsaw operations
- Professional attitude
- Personal equipment and safety
- Power head familiarisation and maintenance
- Cutting attachments familiarisation and knowledge
- Causes of kickback
- Reducing the likelihood of kickback
- Cutting attachment maintenance
- Cross cutting theory
- Cross cutting and ripping practical
- The axe
This program has no formal pre-requisites.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant Workplace Health & Safety Regulations
- Enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.
Complete our Using a Chainsaw program to assist with chainsaw operation and safety in tree felling and trimming.