CONFINED SPACE TRAINING (LEVEL 1)
This confined space training course is designed for persons who are required to enter and work in confined spaces but do not require competency in breathing apparatus or emergency response. The course provides participants with the WH&S and legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health, safety and welfare of persons required to work in confined spaces. This course involves an introduction to emergency response procedures and considerations for first aid and fire fighting in a confined space context. This course does not train or assess competency in breathing apparatus.
The aim of this program is to qualify participants to work safely In a confined space.
- 2 days
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
MSMSS00014 Confined Space Work Team Skill Set:
MSMWHS200 Work safely
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER202 Observe permit work
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- Terminology and definitions
- Risk assessment
- Identifying hazards and risks
- Implement hazards and risks
- Implement control measures
- Protective equipment
- Safe entry requirements
- Entry permits
- Atmospheric testing
- Emergency response including basic first aid and fire awareness
This program has no formal prerequisites. However, participants should have sound English language skills sufficient to read and write so that evidence can be recorded into field notes.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Practical and Theory Training Areas
- Personal and group equipment
- Relevant Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- AS ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management
- AS 2865:2009 Confined Spaces
- Other enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
NOTE: Additional programs up to and including Confined Space Rescue are also available.