Enter and Work in Confined Space
This program is designed for employees or supervisors who work in, or on and who are associated with or whose work is associated with confined spaces.
The aim of this program is to qualify participants to enter, work and perform standby duties in or on the outside of a confined space.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following Nationally Recognised Units of Competency:
MSMSS00014 Confined Space Work Team Skill Set:
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
Plus the additional unit:
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
- MSMWHS205 Control minor incidents
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- Legislation, terminology and definitions
- Protective equipment (including breathing apparatus)
- Atmospheric hazards and monitoring
- Working safely with hazardous substances and chemicals
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and implantation of control measures
- Safe entry, access and vertical mobility
- Emergency response and considerations for rescue and recovery
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response & Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
This program has no formal pre-requisites. However, participants should have a positive attitude towards workplace safety.