NSW Government Smart & Skilled Funding
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It's helping people in NSW undertake entry level qualifications, upskill in a specific area to find a job or, advance their career or transition to a new one.
Risk Response + Rescue (RTO #90774) is a High Performing Provider with Training Services NSW, this enables us to provide NSW Government subsidies on Nationally accredited training including Smart and Skilled, JobTrainer (skilling for recovery), Summer Skills programs for both short courses and full qualification based training.
This provide our clients the opportunity to utilise NSW Government subsidies to support Nationally accredited training, across a broad array of short courses and full qualifications.
Smart and Skilled qualifications available through Risk Response across NSW are:
- HLT21020* Certificate II in Medical Service First Response
- PUA20619* & PUA30619 Certificate II/III in Public Safety (Firefighting & Emergency Operations)
- PUA20719 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting Operations)
*FULL Government subsidised available for eligible persons under JobTrainer (Skilling for Recovery) program. includes:
People undertaking fee-free training must continue to meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and fit into at least one of the following target cohorts:
- Job seekers including individuals who are unemployed; individuals who are in receipt of income support payments; individuals expected to become unemployed*
- Young people (including school leavers) aged 16-24, regardless of employment status
- NSW veterans and their recognised partners or spouses
- Aged care, childcare and disability care : employed people (existing workers) are able to access fee-free training in specific full and part qualifications in aged care, childcare or disability care
- Digital skills: employed people (existing workers) are able to enrol in fee-free training in digital skills full or part qualifications.
- Training and Assessment (TAE) workforce: employed people (existing workers) are able to access fee-free training in TAE full or part qualifications.
For more information see NSW JobTrainer
In addition to the above qualifications, RR+R are able to apply for individual units of competency on behalf of our clients. Having training partially or fully subsidised by the NSW Government gives our clients the opportunity to reduce their training budgets whilst up-skilling their workforce.
For more information about Smart and Skilled and Skilling for Recovery initiatives, eligibility and courses available see www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au.
See Participant handbook also available on the homepage for more information.