CPR & LVR TRAINING FOR LOW VOLTAGE RESCUE
The CPR & LVR Training program provides participants with the confidence and competency required to perform CPR on an unconscious casualty, in the context of those having suffered electrocution. The Low Voltage Rescue component of this program covers the skills and knowledge required for a person to be able to carry out a risk assessment of an electronically hazardous situation and perform low voltage rescue procedures without hazard to themselves or others.
The aim of this program is to provide the skills and knowledge required to perform low voltage rescue procedures and CPR
- 4 Hours
- UETSS00029 - Refresher - Perform rescue from a live LV panel and CPR
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
- UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Revision of hazardous energies and isolation
- First response to casualty
- Management of injuries from electricity with signs of life
- Management of injuries from electricity with no signs of life
- Low voltage rescue - Role of the safety observer - Rescue kits and contents - Rescue procedures
- Introduction to defibrillator
- Performing first responder assisted CPR
MAX COURSE SIZE
HLTAID001 is formal prerequisite for UETTDRRF06B however this is trained and assessed within the program.
Participants must be able to complete the following:
- Identify hazards and risks and detail safe work requirements
- Operate whilst wearing safety equipment and explain emergency response and rescue procedures
- Demonstrate a minimum of 4 minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Demonstrate safe handling techniques and perform a simulated rescue from an electrical incident
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
- The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) • WorkCover NSW
Don't hesitate - Enrol NOW for CPR & LVR Training with Risk Response & Rescue.