Advanced First Aid + Advanced Resuscitation
This program provides the knowledge and skills for the provision of advanced first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provision of support to other providers.
- First aid overview
- Advanced resuscitation
- Oxygen therapy and resuscitation
- Oropharyngeal (OP) airways
- Airway suction
- Advanced airway management
- Defibrillator usage
- Spinal collars and spine boards
- Eye injuries, head injuries, abdominal injuries
- Blood pressure and vital signs
- Recording patient care
- Remote first aid
- Occupational illnesses
- Medications and pharmacology
- Confined spaces and workplace hazards
- Psychological emergencies
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by RISK RESPONSE AND RESCUE (RTO 90774)
- 2 days Face-to-Face
NATIONAL UNIT OF COMPETENCY:
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation
- $320 pp for public courses
- For group bookings please submit your enquiry CLICK HERE
To attend this program, you must hold HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
Participants are required to be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor to be assessed in this unit of competency.
All course materials and handouts provided.
- Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear
Although this program is highly practical, persons must demonstrate basic literacy and numeracy skills to accurately gather and convey incident information including completing casualty assessment cards.
Persons are required to be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor to be assessed in this unit of competency.