Operate Side by Side Vehicles Course
This program provides learners with the skills and knowledge to effectively operate side by side utility vehicles. This program also covers the process of maintaining vehicles to the defined standard including: perform routine pre-operational checks and maintenance; operate vehicles in a safe, efficient and controlled manner, operate recognise and control hazards and risks; safely operate vehicles in a range of weather and terrain conditions; perform minor maintenance and fault finding, monitor and maintain vehicle records.
Unit of Competency
- AHCMOM216 Operate side by side utility vehicles
- Check and issue minimum PPE & operational requirements
- Legislation & Responsibilities
- Pre-use inspection—operational controls, under bonnet, exterior and general conditions
- Start-up and shut-down procedures, Moving off and stopping
- Mounting & dismounting procedures
- Body positioning, weight distribution, low & moderate speed manoeuvring and braking
- Ascents, descents & traversing ascents in different types of terrain
- Emergency procedures in varying conditions, bogged vehicles, rolling over & abort manoeuvres
- Towing and safety considerations
- Refurbishment of Equipment to operational readiness, including maintenance, identification and rectification of any damaged equipment
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
1-2 day of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students must hold a current valid driver's licence and have a basic understanding of motor vehicle operations which will be confirmed at the time of enrolment.
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $880 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.