Provide First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation Course
This Provide First Aid part of this program provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide an emergency response, life support and management of casualties, the incident and other First Aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. As well as including the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and operation of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) until medical help or assistance arrives.
The Advanced Resuscitation part of this program provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to use specialist equipment in the provision of resuscitation and oxygen therapy.
This program is delivered in accordance with ANZCOR guidelines, as endorsed by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
Units of Competency
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- ARC guidelines for the provision of First Aid
- Principles and concepts for practising emergency aid
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injuries and illnesses
- Priorities of management when dealing with life threatening conditions
- Basic WHS requirements
- Infection control principles
- Chain of survival
- Skills and limitations of First Aiders
- First response management of common conditions
- Stress management facilitators and how they can be assessed
- Casualty assessments and decision making
- Perform CPR
- Deliver oxygen therapy
Mode of Delivery
This program has a self-paced online theory component that must be completed prior to attendance at the face-to-face training.*
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
The unit of competency HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy holds the formal pre-requisite:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The above unit of competency is included within the program and is assessed prior to HLTAID015.
Sound English language skills sufficient to read and write so that evidence can be recorded into field notes. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate basic interpersonal and communication skills.
Participants are required to be physically capable of performing at least:
- Two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on the floor (adult) and hard surface (infant)
- Two (2) minutes of bag-valve-mask (with oxygen) ventilation and at least two (2) minutes of compressions during resuscitation procedures involving at least two (2) rescuers on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $250 per person
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
CPR training must be updated every 12 months.
First Aid training must be updated every 3 years.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.