Respond to Spills Course
This program provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to respond to site based spills in the resources and infrastructure industries.
Unit of Competency
- RIIRIS202E Respond to site based spills
- Determining the spill type, including minor, medium or major spills
- Locating, interpreting and communicating safety data sheet requirements for spill products
- Implementing spill control measures using spill kits
- Coordinating the spill clean-up activity
- Controlling and containing the spill
- Implementing clean up and disposal of waste
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver these courses at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
1 day of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $295 per person for public courses
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.