Suppress Urban Fire-PUAFIR302
SUPPRESS URBAN FIRE-PUAFIR302
This highly practical and interactive program provides the knowledge and skills for Emergency Responders and those who are expected to have skills in the ability to fight fires to work as a member of a team under limited supervision when suppressing an urban fire.
It includes responding to fires and determining extinguishing media, equipment and structural fire behaviour. It also includes protecting people; how to attack fires, ventilate structures, observe and react to fire conditions; undertake ancillary firefighting operations and complete operations.
The unit applies to personnel required to suppress a range of different types of structure and non-structure fires where there is the potential for multiple hazards to be present.
Facilitated by a team of highly skilled and experienced operational subject matter experts and assessors, the skills and knowledge developed on this program can be applied in a wide range of industries.
- Initiate response to fire
- Determine extinguishing media and equipment and organisational procedures
- Determine structural fire behaviour
- Protect people
- Attack fire
- Ventilate structure
- Observe and react to fire conditions
- Undertake ancillary firefighting operations
- Complete operations including equipment refurbishment
- 3 days face to face training and assessment
- PUAFIR302 Suppress urban fire
Pre-requisites and entry requirements
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban fire
Participants are recommended to:
- Be physically fit and able to carry at least 20 kgs of weight and climb stairs
- Be clean shaven to effectively wear breathing apparatus and be current in operate breathing apparatus open circuit operations
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments as during the program participants are required to communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, find and use relevant information, read and comply with work instructions and specifications, read and record measurements and record and report information neatly and legibly.
$1,250 (GST Exempt) per person