Work Safely Around Aircraft and CRM Course
This course provides participants with knowledge of the hazards and risks associated with aircraft as well as an awareness of the WHS legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health and safety of any persons required to work near aircraft.
This aim of this program is to develop the competency and skills to work safely around aircraft. It can be applied to both fixed and rotary wing environments.
The program also includes Crew Resource Management (CRM) which highlights the factors that contribute to human error and provides awareness and empowerment to non flying crew.
Unit of Competency
- PUAFIR017 Work safely around aircraft
- Terminology and definitions
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and the organisation’s procedures
- Identification of hazards, and precautions effected on a consistent, conscious and continuing basis
- Aircraft familiarisation
- Aerodrome familiarisation
- Aerodrome working and lighting
- Aircraft movement characteristics
- Overview of aircraft performance, operation, loading and refuelling precautions
- Detailed knowledge of procedures for unusual events
- Crew Resource Management - empowering the non flying crew
- Situational analysis factors
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This course is scheduled for:
1 day of face-to-face learning and assessment
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the unit of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $350 per person
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.