Chainsaw - Felling (Basic-Intermediate)
CHAINSAW PROGRAM - FELLING (BASIC-INTERMEDIATE)
This program provides the knowledge and skills required to assess, plan and safely carry out manual tree-felling operations using a chainsaw.
The aim of this program is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to assess, plan and safely fell trees to an intermediate level using a chainsaw.
This program is a level 2 program. Participants must have previously completed level 1 (Chainsaw - Trim and Cut Felled Trees) to be eligible to complete this program.
- FWPCOR2205 Follow WHS policies and procedures
- FWPCOT2254 Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2256 Trim and cut felled trees
Chainsaw - Trim and Cut Felled Trees
- 1-3 days (depending on experience)
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following Nationally Recognised units of competency:
- FWPCOT2253 Fell trees manually (basic)
- FWPFGM3216 Fall trees manually (intermediate)
- Theory of felling
- Basic tree felling
- Intermediate tree felling
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant Workplace Health & Safety Regulations
- Enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.