HLT21020 Certificate II in Medical Services First Response
This Emergency Medical First Response program meets industry requirements for Occupational First Aid. A highly practical and interactive program, it provides the knowledge and skills for Medical Service Responders who require the ability to respond, assess, manage, extricate and transport persons involved in traumatic and life threatening incidents in rural and remote situations.
This program is suitable for people working in industry who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Facilitated by a team of highly skilled and experienced operational subject matter experts and assessors focusing on outcome-based results and timely casualty care.
Dependent on UoC and electives chosen participants will learn real skills for work and skills for life including:
- Provide First Aid
- On-scene Stabilisation, Prioritisation and Communication
- Trauma and Scene Management
- Specialised Life Support Equipment
- Improvised Casualty Management Techniques
- Dealing with personal stresses
- Spinal Care, Casualty Packaging and Transportation
The aim of this program is to decrease scene times and increase the standard of medical care and the survivability of seriously injured casualties. This program has been a success across a range of industries and has had a positive impact on teams and individuals.
MODE OF DELIVERY:
- Self paced online modules for core units (workbook available if online option not suitable)
- Completion of workbook
- 60 hours face to face facilitation
- Workplace Report
- Recognition of prior learning is available for UoC. Participants are required to complete evidence portfolio and supply relevant, valid, current and sufficient evidence to qualify. Practical skills validation is required as part of this process.
- Please note the above mode of delivery is designed for persons working in industry. For persons with no industry experience durations will differ. Please enquire.
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources
- HLTAID013 Provide First aid in remote or isolated site
PROGRAM OUTLINEThe following program outline will be customised and contextualised to meet the chosen electives for the program, client and workplace environment. Theory and Practical Scenarios may include:
- Minimum Equipment – PPE, First Aid Equipment
Persons are required to be physically capable of performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor to be assessed in this unit of competency.
- Full course price $3,370 per person.
- Student fee for eligible persons ranges from full exemption $0 - $990 (GST Exempt)) depending on eligibility, concessions and exemptions.