Working in Confined Spaces - Re-Assessment Course
This reassessment course focuses on confirming skills in safe work in confined spaces. It is designed for persons who have previously attained competency to enter and work in a confined space. It maintains participant's level of understanding including WH&S and legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health and safety of persons required to work in confined spaces
Units of Competency
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMSS00014 Confined Space Work Team Skill Set:
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- Legislation, terminology and definitions
- Protective equipment (including breathing apparatus)
- Atmospheric hazards and monitoring
- Working safely with hazardous substances and chemicals
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and implantation of control measures
- Safe entry, access and vertical mobility
- Emergency response and considerations for rescue and recovery
Mode of Delivery
This assessment only course will be delivered via face to face at one of our leading facilities or can be delivered as a blend of online and face-to-face.
Please note that our public training is conducted in the Illawarra region for all available dates. Any changes to this will be specified above, next to the date option.
For group bookings we can deliver this course at your location (click “Get a Quote” to find out more).
This assessment only course is scheduled for:
1 day of face-to-face assessment
Online theory assessment and 4 hours of face-to-face practical demonstrations
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students must hold previous certification for the units of competency and must supply their credential at the time of enrolment. Students will only be re-assessed in applicable units of competency that they had been previously awarded.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $315 per person
- For group bookings please click “Get a Quote” to find out more or Contact Us.
All course materials, handouts and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Students must wear appropriate clothing and footwear when attending face-to-face sessions.
Students require a laptop or computer and stable internet connection for online courses.
Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
This course is assessment only.
For more information on the dangers of confined space Read Here
*Assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your practical application of activities.