CONFINED SPACE REASSESSMENT PROGRAM
This confined space training program is designed for persons who have previously attained competency to enter and work in a confined space. It provided participants with a review of the WH&S and legislative requirements and procedures to ensure the health and safety of persons required to work in confined spaces.
The aim of this program is to provide a forum to maintain skills and currency relating to safe entry, standby duties and work associated with confined space tasks.
- 1 day
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The program is aligned to meet the following units of competency:
MSMSS00014 Confined Space Work Team Skill Set:
- MSMWHS200 Work safely
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
Plus the following additional units:
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMWHS110 Follow emergency response procedures
- MSMWHS205 Control minor incidents
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- Legislation, terminology and definitions
- Protective equipment (including breathing apparatus)
- Atmospheric hazards and monitoring
- Working safely with hazardous substances and chemicals
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and implementation of control measures
- Safe entry, access and vertical mobility
- Emergency response and considerations for rescue and recovery
As this is a re-assessment program, participants must have previously been assessed as competent in the units or equivalent that make up this program. Evidence of previous training is required.
Assessment is conducted by Risk Response + Rescue using evidence of skills and knowledge obtained throughout the program.
A Statement of Attainment listing individual units of competency will be issued to participants upon successful completion.
MAX COURSE SIZE
- Relevant Workplace Health and Safety Regulations
- AS ISO 31000-2018 Risk Management
- AS 2865-2009 Confined Spaces
- Other enterprise specific legislation, standards and codes
Each participant will receive a learner resource kit.